crypto for all
A
A

Crypto: Solana launches key update to combat network congestion

Mon 15 Apr 2024 ▪ 4 min of reading ▪ by Evans S.
Event

Solana has just deployed a critical mainnet upgrade to address its congestion issues, a giant step in the crypto sphere towards greater reliability and efficiency.

Crypto Solana update

Innovation in the Crypto Sphere

In a crypto ecosystem where network congestion can paralyze thousands of transactions, Solana’s update is a breath of fresh air for users and developers.

Version 1.17.31, designed to counter spam transactions that slowed operations and increased dropout rates, ushers in a new era for the blockchain.

The flagship feature of this update, stake-weighted quality of service (SWQOS), revolutionizes the prioritization of crypto transactions.

This system ensures that staked validators receive preferential treatment, thus guaranteeing that the most invested parties in the network benefit from the best performance.

According to Tim Garcia of the Solana Foundation, “this implementation allocates 80% of connection capacities to the QoS, leaving the remaining 20% available for all.”

The Expected Outcomes

The update is designed to alleviate network congestion, and the crypto community is eagerly awaiting the promised improvements.

Anza, a spin-off from Solana Labs, has encouraged validators to upgrade their systems to benefit from these improvements, which will be further completed in subsequent releases.

The widespread rollout of SWQOS could therefore mark a turning point in network performance management at Solana.

Beyond simple technical improvement, this update is representative of Solana’s proactive approach to the challenges inherent in blockchain technologies.

By directly addressing congestion issues, Solana is not only responding to an immediate problem but also strengthening its position as a leader in the crypto industry.

Impact on Users and Developers

For users, the improvement in processing times and the reduction in dropout rates mean smoother and more reliable transactions.

For developers, it means the assurance that their applications will run more stably on Solana’s blockchain, which can encourage more innovation and applications.

This update paves the way for future improvements that could almost completely eliminate congestion issues.

With plans already in the works for version 1.18 and beyond, Solana appears well-equipped to continue offering a robust and efficient platform for the development of decentralized applications.

The arrival of update 1.17.31 on Solana’s mainnet represents a decisive moment in the fight against blockchain network congestion.

The implications of this update are vast, promising not only to resolve current issues but also to lay the groundwork for a stronger and more balanced network.

As the crypto sector continues to mature, initiatives like that of Solana will be crucial to ensure that the technology not only keeps pace but sets it. Therefore, let us stay tuned to see how these innovations will continue to shape the future of crypto. Meanwhile, bitcoin falls.

Maximize your Cointribune experience with our 'Read to Earn' program! Earn points for each article you read and gain access to exclusive rewards. Sign up now and start accruing benefits.


Click here to join 'Read to Earn' and turn your passion for crypto into rewards!
A
A
Evans S. avatar
Evans S.

Fasciné par le bitcoin depuis 2017, Evariste n'a cessé de se documenter sur le sujet. Si son premier intérêt s'est porté sur le trading, il essaie désormais activement d’appréhender toutes les avancées centrées sur les cryptomonnaies. En tant que rédacteur, il aspire à fournir en permanence un travail de haute qualité qui reflète l'état du secteur dans son ensemble.

DISCLAIMER

The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this article belong solely to the author, and should not be taken as investment advice. Do your own research before taking any investment decisions.